The Construction Committee is responsible for overseeing construction activities of Habitat for Humanity of Evansville. This work is targeted at a strategy and policy level, thus should not be confused with the day-to-day management provided by the Construction Director.
Summary of Duties
The Committee will:
• Work with the site selection committee to ascertain appropriate properties and develop pre-acquisition budget estimates.
• Develop and present appropriate house plans to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Spend sufficient time on building sites to understand cost, quality, safety and stewardship oversight responsibilities.
- Develop and present for approval, strategic initiatives that ensure that the affiliate continues to progress towards key strategic objectives such as: sustainability, capacity, succession, quality, etc.
• Advise the Board of Directors on policy changes that relate to house design, project specifications and stewardship of resources.
• Meet monthly at a time appointed by the chairperson.
• Ensure positive, productive communication with the Family Support Committee.
- Provide direction for and improve the construction process via: standards, specifications, budgets, goals and policies.
(812) 423-5623 ext. 23 or email@example.com
Tom Bailey, Jim Havens (chair), George Neireiter, Wesley Rees, Steve Smith, Andrea Ward, Kerry Wire